History is Served

For the first time in around 20 years I made these delicious cookies, a recipe I dug up from the Grandma archives! My mom used to make them occasionally when I was growing up. It's a recipe that was passed on from her mom's mom. The orange zest and cinnamon bring this otherwise ordinary oatmeal chocolate chip cookie to a whole new level of yum...



Chocolate Oatmeal Drops

2 cups of flour
1 ½ cups of sugar
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
½ cup milk
3 ½ cups of oats
Grated peel from 1 orange
6 ounces of chocolate chips
½ cup of chopped nuts (optional)
2 eggs
1 cup of salad oil (I used melted butter)

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, soda, cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir in the oats, orange peel, chocolate chips, and nuts. Beat eggs slightly and stir in the milk. Stir this into the flour mixture along with the salad oil. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.


0 comments:

Post a Comment